News Electronic Projects
- Mon Jun 21 2010, 08:05 PM
A solar tracker is a device for orienting a daylighting reflector, solar photovoltaic panel or concentrating solar reflector or lens toward the sun. The sun's position in the sky varies both with the seasons and time of day as the sun moves across the sky. Solar powered equipment works best when pointed at or near the sun, so a solar tracker can increase the effectiveness of such equipment over any fixed position, at the cost of additional system complexity.
The hardware design is complete made from stuff that are available in any junkyard. Servo motor is taken from car door mirror system (also called Power windows system) and gear system is made from motorcycle chain small sprocket to rotate panel and a small camwood at servo side. You can see more images of gear system here. (Solar Tracker Gear System)
This solar trakcer is build on a simple logic ICs, servo controller, Pulse Width Modulator and LDRs. Circuit is powered from a 12V battery. The two solar panels 15VAH each is connected to power up three 3W LEDs (switch controlled) and also charge a 12v 7AH battery. L298 and SG3525 are used to control servo motors and LDRs are used to detect the position of light source (sun).
Here is a working demonstration of Solar Tracker.
All credit for this project goes to author Mansoor Mirza (coolmirza143). You can find all the discussion about this project in forum here. (Solar Seeker or Tracker).
I also announce a new catagory introduced to our download section, specifically for electronic projects that does not invovle any controllers. Hope you will all contribute to this catagory. If you have any electronic project you can share it with us.
No messages yet.
- Automatic Railway Gate Control by: Nimar & Pawandeep Kaur in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 31 2018, 07:17 AM
- Yet Another DTMF Controlled Robot by: Parambir, Harman, Pragati, shikha, Manpreet in: 8051 Projects
Fri May 19 2017, 09:15 AM
- Simple 3 Digit Temperature Meter by: Rakesh Suthar in: PIC Projects
Sat Jul 05 2014, 06:15 AM
- Electronic Voting machine with Managed Control Unit (Project Report Included) by: Shivani, Geetika Gupta, Vibhore Aggarwal, Megha Singh in: 8051 Projects
Sat May 17 2014, 02:16 PM
- LED Scrolling message Display using 8051 by: Pratik Suthar in: 8051 Projects
Thu May 08 2014, 10:58 AM
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter Using Atmel 89S2051 by: ExperimenterUK
Thu Jan 07 2021, 12:54 PM
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter Using Atmel 89S2051 by: MUNIKOJR
Wed Jan 06 2021, 06:36 AM
- Frequency Counter using AT89C2051 and LCD (Assembly) by: ExperimenterUK
Mon Nov 23 2020, 02:40 PM
- Frequency Counter using AT89C2051 and LCD (Assembly) by: Auden
Mon Nov 23 2020, 08:43 AM
- Frequency Counter using AT89C2051 and LCD (Assembly) by: Chinh 299
Sat Jun 13 2020, 01:18 PM
Thu Jun 25 2020, 03:46 PM
Mon Jun 22 2020, 03:03 PM
Tue Jun 16 2020, 05:10 PM
Sat Jun 13 2020, 09:43 PM
Thu May 21 2020, 12:44 PM
Thu May 21 2020, 01:28 AM
Wed May 20 2020, 07:05 PM
Wed May 20 2020, 11:52 AM
X10 with 8051 ocd uart max voltage pic microcontroller combination lock waypoint follower robot stepper motor connection real-time programming POSIX virtual server router MSP430 OSI model architecture monitor control of greenhouse environment clock interfacing active high led circuit digital lock using pic micro wireless security new feature Transistor as Switch course in microcontrollers seven segment display Basic Stamp Microcontollers