Discussion in "Project Help" started by    SANATH MCX    Aug 9, 2008.
Sat Aug 09 2008, 11:04 am
Hi to all,

I want to implement the Embedded System for the detection of Power Theft and Fault occrurance in Transformer Lines along with Locating and communicating the location of power theft to Power distribution system. So it includes following important features.
1.To Detect the Power Theft and Fault Occurrence in Transformer lines.
2. To locate the Position of Power Theft and Fault Occurrence in Transformer lines.
3. Real time Wireless transmission of this position of power theft and fault Occurrence information Theft to the Power distribution system.

Can anyone help me in this Project.

Regards
Sanath
Bangalore

Tags power distribution systeminformation theftwireless transmissionfault detectionoccurrence
Sat Aug 09 2008, 12:42 pm
Hi to all,
With the view of the above project in Power distribution system the Electrical power is transmitted at high voltages from a power plant to substations near populated areas. Electrical power then is distributed from a substation along power lines and through distribution transformers toward consumer premises. Utility meters typically are located at the consumer's premises to measure the amount of power being consumed at the premises.
So the following are the paramters included in the project.
1. Power Line Current
2. Power Line Voltage
3. N/W Load Distribution
4. and the location where high voltage power line couple with medium voltage power line for power distribution system.

Regards
Sanath
Bangalore
Tags power distribution systemhigh voltage powerdistribution transformersutility metersmedium voltage
Mon Aug 11 2008, 04:53 pm
Hi to all,

I got the solution for this project.... i thnk we need to implement TDR technique which is TIME DOMAIN REFLECTROMETRY method.
In this we are propagating the step of pulse or impulse of energy in to the system and analyzing subsequent observation of the pulse reflected from the system So By Analysing the features of reflected Magnitude, Direction,shape of the pulse, time taken by the pulse by which distanc can be measured, impedance variation.

Regards
Sanath
Bangalore
Mon Aug 11 2008, 10:14 pm

Great ! Sanath, we hope to see the finished project very soon here

Arun
Tue Feb 10 2009, 10:05 am

hi please send the circuit diagram and details for fault detection in ac main to [email protected]
Tue Feb 10 2009, 10:34 am
hi sanath

Get Social

Information